The most frequently asked questions many sellers ask are:
“Why should we even consider seller financing?”
Well….Ask yourself a question…
And be honest with yourself… Are you a bit nervous as a property owner as to where the market is going? Have you wondered about what it will take to get market value in a reasonable amount of time?
The short answer is, “If you could sell at or bit over market value and sell 70% faster than normal marketing days, with out nitpicky inspections, would you be interested?”
Read on to see if any of the following may meet your criteria.
Advantages to Seller
- More potential buyers and marketability of property
- Faster closing
- Less “red tape” of qualifying buyer resulting in
- A more predictable closing as, you the seller are the loan underwriter
- Greater flexibility
- Higher sales price
- Some cash at closing
The relative risk of any cash flow is usually determined by evaluating the five following factors:
- Was the transaction Dodd-Frank compliant?
- Protective equity
- Credit history of Payor is Buyer specific
- Payment History
Notes can be created in a multitude of ways to meet the needs and financial objectives of the note holder.
There are many factors that can be manipulated to come up with a creative, unique solution that meets the needs of all parties concerned. Carrying paper is one of the most flexible, adaptable tools available in the disposition of real estate.
- What’s the minimum amount of cash that the seller absolutely needs?
- What’s the maximum amount of money the buyer can put down?
- What is the credit worthiness of the buyer?
- How long does the seller need or want to carry?
- If there’s a balloon payment, what is the exit strategy?
- Will the seller have regular needs for larger sums of money?
This may all seem very complicated. When detailed and if done properly by your team, it is a very simple process.
The Seller Finance Step by Step Process
- Agent / Investor Determines the seller needs
- Seller Consults with Casa Preservation
- Lender prequalifies buyer
- Negotiate terms of sale
- Title Work
- Buyer costs
- Seller Costs
- Complete Sale
- Note to Servicer
- Seller can:
- Keep Note for cash flow
- Sell Note and cash out
- Sell part of the note and retain some of the note
Because of the flexibility that owner financing provides, Casa Preservation, LLC can help structure the seller financed note to meet the needs of both seller and buyer. We can “tailor” a program to solve any problem. The buyer will get the property and you, the seller will get the cash.
Request a Copy of Our eBook Creative Seller Financing: Wrap-Around Mortgages